Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Why is it weak to say No?

As part of preparing to be baptized, and of thinking about religion and life in a deeper, sustained way, an opinion that I've had for a while has come to the surface. 

I don't understand why a lot of people have a negative view of others who try to control what movies, music, and other media they consume.  These people are "weak", or "wimpy". 

I wonder why people think of it this way.  Isn't it just the opposite?  The easiest thing to do is to go with the flow, and just watch whatever people are watching.  The harder thing is to keep in mind what you want to carry with you, and control what media you take in.

Just a thought.

3 comments:

Keanan said...

I concur David.

k said...

words written by a wise man. N

Maxine said...

DAVID! Hi. I have a blog. And you do too, apparently. Nice to see you here :)

PS - I definitely agree.